Madelynn "Maddog" Bernal wearing her headband to support Grandma
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
CHGS is committed to raising awareness for breast cancer with our players. This year all players will receive a CHGS pink headband to wear during the month of October. A few facts about breast cancer:
- In the US, 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- The most significant risk factors for breast cancer are being female and aging. About 95% of all breast cancers in the US occur in women 40 and older.
- Women who get regularly screened for breast cancer have a 47% lower risk of dying from the disease compared to those who don’t.
- Breast cancer deaths have been declining since 1990 thanks to early detection, better screening, increased awareness, and new treatment options.
- Every 2 minutes, a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer in the US.